Do You Have Trouble Sleeping?
You are not alone. Trouble sleeping happens to almost all men and women during their lifetime. Sometimes sleep problems start in childhood, while others may not begin until you are an adult.
The good news is, sleep problems don't have to be your reality. You can change your sleep habits and cure many sleep disorders...regardless of how chronic they may be.
Not only do you feel an overwhelming sleepiness without a good night's rest, it is important for you to realize how lack of sleep affects the body. Research shows that some sleeping disorders left untreated can cause problems with your heart beat, breathing, mental health, and more. In more severe cases, sleeping problems may even require a hospital stay!
What Sleep Topic Would You Like to Explore?
The Most Common Type of Sleep Disorder
The most common type of sleep disorder that people suffer from is insomnia. An insomniac is a person who has trouble falling and staying asleep at night. Does this describe you? If so, I'm sure that you're searching for an effective insomnia cure.
Other Common Sleep Disorders
Aside from insomnia, there are many other sleep disturbances that may be affecting your health: Restless Legs Syndrome, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, sleep paralysis, sleepwalking, night sweats, night terrors, jet lag, narcolepsy, snoring, and many others.
Choose the Remedy That's Right for You
Not all remedies are right for everyone (espcially children). Some people prefer to take sleeping pills or other medicine(or caffeine!) to deal with their trouble sleeping, while others want to explore holistic or alternative therapies. This site is full of tips that may or may not work for you, and it is recommended that you seek medical advice from your physician if you are concerned about your sleep.
My name is Tiffany, the publisher of improve-your-sleep.com. For years (and through several life changes--work, children, etc.), I've had trouble sleeping. I have struggled with many sleep disturbances... from insomnia to sleep deprivation. I know how it feels to be exhausted, and that's why I am excited to share my wealth of sleep related research, information, and articles with you!
While digging through the mounds of information on the topic, I realized that there was not a comprehensive guide to sleep on the internet. A guide that I can return to over and over again, each time I have any sleep related questions. Thus, my friends, the idea for this website was born.
Information is added frequently, so you won't want to miss out on what's new around here! Be sure to bookmark or add this site to your favorites, or subscribe to our Improve Your Sleep Blog to immediately receive the most up-to-date changes and additions to our site. Are you having a hard time finding the information you need? Visit our site map for an organized view of all the topics on this site.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy flipping through our pages! I hope that this information will be as valuable to you as it has been to me, and that your trouble sleeping will be a distant memory. Here's to a healthy sleep pattern!
- All About Sleep
- Learn all about sleep! Why do we need sleep, how much sleep do you need, how many hours of sleep do you need, the stages of sleep, sleep cycles, circadian rhythms, sleep and age, sleep debt, and...
- Bedwetting Cures, Facts, and Help
- Bedwetting cures are varied...It's a problem that effects children, teenagers, and adults, and the causes and solutions for bed wetting are...
- Sleep in Children
- Sleep in Babies and Children...how much is enough? How does it vary from adults? Find out...
- Why Do People Dream?
- Why do people dream? There has been a lot of research done to find the meaning behind dreams, what causes dreams, dream types, and...
- Facts About Insomnia
- Facts About Insomnia. What Causes Insomnia? Explore our articles, and learn about facts, symptoms, tips, cures, medications, and...
- Narcolepsy and Symptoms
- Narcolepsy and symptoms associated with the disorder can be managed through proper narcolepsy treatment. Although there is no known cause for it...
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Do you suffer from Restless Legs Syndrome? RLS causes, symptoms, medication, treatment, remedy, and...
- Sleep Aids
- sleep aids
- Sleep Apnea Treatment
- Sleep Apnea Treatment
- Sleep Deprivation Effects
- Sleep Deprivation effects
- Need Snoring Relief Now?
- Learn about snoring relief, discover snoring causes and find out about devices, products, home remedies, and surgery that may solve this annoying problem!
- Grinding Teeth
- grinding teeth
- My Website Success Story
- Read my website success story, and learn how this work at home mom is earning income while staying home with her children!
- Contact Improve-Your-Sleep.com
- Contact Us With Suggestions, Ideas, or Questions...We'd Love to Hear From You!
- Links and Resources for Trouble Sleeping
- Recommended resources and partners for Trouble Sleeping
- Search Improve Your Sleep
- Use our site map to search for the sleep information that you're looking for.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Search our Questions page for answers to some trouble sleeping questions on many topics, such as insomnia, narcolepsy, snoring, sleep apnea, sleep deprivation, dreams, childrens sleep issues, and...
- Contribute to Trouble Sleeping
- Would you like to share your knowledge about trouble sleeping? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.